Friday, February 12, 2010

Inspired by Butterflies!

Today my husband and I took our 5 year-old to "Wings of Paradise",a butterfly conservatory in our town. The place features 2000-3000 live free-flying butterflies and over 12 bird species on exhibit year round. The tropical butterflies are raised in Costa Rica and the Philippines. These colorful species are kept in tropical gardens, which create a lush and colourful backdrop to the free-flying butterflies. This tropical experience was a wonderful contrast from the frozen temperatures we have been experiencing in Ontario-Canada.

While at the conservatory, the most beautiful butterfly - in hues of purple and pink - caught my eye, and became today's inspiration for my most recent creation: "Sigry in Purple", which I haven't posted in Etsy yet.





Here is a shot of the necklace before it was oxidized. I really like the colour contrast between the darken sterling silver and the purple/lilac of the gems



Here is the link for more information on "Wings of Paradise"

No comments:

Post a Comment