Sunday, February 14, 2010

The BIB - a Statement Necklace?

From time to time I enjoy putting my wire, gems and wire-wrapping techniques aside to try something different. This time I used a gorgeous lace applique to create this one-of-a-kind necklace.

Though it has a rather infantile name, celebrities and tastemakers alike are going ga-ga for a decidedly grown-up accessory: The Bib Necklace. Although I am working on some "Night Out" bibs, I wanted this one to be fresh and romantic, so I used hues of pink and purple. Tiny handmade silk flowers, as well as wire-wrapped Chalcedony and Czech Glass (to form one of the larger blooms) went into making this lace applique quite unique. To complete the look, I attached a feminine lilac velvet ribbon, which ads versatility to this piece. Wear it tied high, low or in between, with your favourite outfit, this unique necklace will earn endless compliments!





1 comment: